[meteorite-list] Guesstimate on number of meteorite collectors.

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:29:04 -0700

Personally business is as good as it ever has been, better actually. The economy is challenge, one to adapt to and overcome. Those who don't change have fallen by the wayside.
Moroccan meteorites are now laughably expensive at the source. I get daily offers for rare things but the price is now double retail. Anyone trying to make
Money Moroccan material is now upside down like many homeowners.
I refuse to pay these prices and am doing much better with other parts of the world.
Again, you must know and cultivate your clients. eBay just doesn't cut it anymore. I have abandoned that waste of time. Of course to make money you must hustle hard. Just to buy some NWA's and chop them up does not cut it these days.
I have been to Asia 3 times in the last 6 weeks. That is hustling my ass off to get the goodies and get them fast and to my customers personally, like the kind of customers you hand deliver to:)
They are out there, but they are smart enough to buy from serious sellers.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPhone