[meteorite-list] Guesstimate on number of meteorite collectors.

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:42:39 -0700 (PDT)

I count less than a half of dozen meteorite dealers who have broken the one million dollar mark in sales over a period of years.? From a monetary standpoint, it is a tough business to be in.? It does have other benefits that make it worthwhile if you are not in it just for the money.

I have made more in one month selling internet infrastructure hardware than I have in over a decade of meteorite sales.? Selling meteorites doesn't feel like a job to me most of the time, more like a very expensive avocation.? I do not think I will ever burn out on the subject like keeping up to date on computer technology.? Another good point is that unlike computer systems and electronics in general, there is no planed obsolescence.

Adam