[meteorite-list] Guesstimate on number of meteorite collectors.

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

I was asked about meteorites as an investment.

My answer:

Meteorites have been a good investment for me, especially very long-term. I certainly do not make a fortune on them but they have outperformed everything else. ? Banks are virtually paying zero interest, precious metals are on dump, the U.S. Dollar is worth 1/2 of what it was just a few years ago and the stock market is posed for a market correction (profit taking at the expense of newly invested suckers).? I admit to learning the hard way and it always comes back to the same secret:

Like any investment in the collectables sector, quality is always the best way to preserve or increase your returns on investment.? Proper papering, collector confidence and scientific provenance are all key.? I bet 10 years from now, collectors will be happy with the amount they could afford for meteorites when compared to other investments.

Just my opinion.? Of course, you could always invest in pork bellies where the capitol gains tax is much less.

Adam