[meteorite-list] Exploring the Solar System in Antarctica (NWA vs Antarctica)

From: Carl Agee <agee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:21:51 -0600

Hi Mike,

Add to that list NWA 7731 (L3.00). Semarkona (LL3.00) may still be
King, but 7731 is certainly a Prince!

The only thing that Antarctic finds have going for them is that
weathering is much slower there than in North Africa, so fresher
material in general. But if I look at the ANSMET annual yield of
exceptional meteorites it is paltry compared to NWA. For planetaries
over the past ten years or so, NWA is definitely King!

Carl

*************************************
Carl B. Agee
Director and Curator, Institute of Meteoritics
Professor, Earth and Planetary Sciences
MSC03 2050
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131-1126