[meteorite-list] Possible Tektite

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:44:55 +0000

Phil

They look very like some glass slag that was brought into me for identification. A lot of industrial waste like this was used as hard-core during the railway building years of the 19th Century and can therefore turn up anywhere in the country where a railway line or a road was built. This piece certainly did not have any connection with local glassmaking.

Cheers

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals

National Museums Collection Centre