[meteorite-list] New paid Ad program for the mailing list - starts 4/7/2014

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Ruben and Lister

You do bring up a good point Ruben. That is a grey area and I have seen a few members do it and say look at this?new meteorite I have and when you go to there website they have items listed for sale of that new fall or meteorite. Also, I have seen members say well if you want to see a good sample of this meteorite you can look at my website and they give a link to there website which is a dealer website in meteorite posts. To me that seems like advertising. I have also seen when people are talking about thin sections and?some people say, hey if you want to see some good sample go to my dealer website. I see that happen a lot and think if ads are going to be charged on here, that also?should be constituted as an AD??What about Trades??is that an?AD or wanted post?and someone posts their website?
?
One other point?I like to ask, you say less?AD will be better for dealers and list members? Well I didn't know the AD on here were a big problem. I thought the arguing and the nonsensical topics? was disrupting the website. Also $8 an?AD to the main deals is nothing, but for the ones that struggle with money?wont be able to pay that and post an AD. I guess it will be better for some dealers, because there will be less competition advertising on here.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html