[meteorite-list] Fake Norway rock

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:58:00 -0600

One other comment on the matter. "Debunk" is almost always pejorative,
implying that the thing being debunked was fraudulent, or complete
rubbish. We debunk astrology. We debunk pseudoscientific claims. But
there's nothing to suggest that the original claim was anything other
than honest and reasonable- a video that accidentally captured something
that might reasonably be interpreted as a falling meteorite.

Even if some piece of evidence actually disproved that hypothesis, we
should simply say that it was "disproved", not "debunked".

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com