[meteorite-list] Not met. Related - Friend On Meteorite List

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 08:11:03 -0800

I am still appalled at how wildlife has become political. The spotted owl,
the desert tortoise and now the non-native, spotted rainbow minnow are all
listed as endangered species! It is not difficult to find a spotted owl at
night but researchers look for them during the day. The desert tortoise
lives underground and researchers look for them during the wrong time of the
year and in the wrong places. You will not find a desert tortoise in the
middle of a dried lake bed in the middle of Summer. They use the tortoise
for political purposes to shut down vast areas of land. The federal
government tried to relocated 1,200 to build a Chinese sponsored solar plant
just to have them euphonized. They even tried to claim they were wiped out
of an area they never existed in the first place. I found a dead tortoise
with a transmitter glued to its back. The brass transmitter snagged on a
mesquite bush and that is where the tortoise met its slow and painful
demise.

As far as the spotted rainbow minnow goes, we will let California politics
handle this one! It sounds like somebody is trying to gain control of water
rights. The interesting thing is that the aquifers are recovering nicely in
LA and other counties since agricultural demand has rapidly decreased.

Adam