[meteorite-list] Chinese Meteorite Is 4.6 Billion Years Old (And Costs £8 Million)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 02:26:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello Listers
?
How much would you pay for a meteorite? Well I guess in China meteorite they are worth millions when it comes
to ordinary chondrite.?
?
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://meteoritefalls.com/
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html
?
?
?
Chinese Meteorite Is 4.6 Billion Years Old (And Costs ?8 Million)
Huffington Post UK ?|? Posted: 07/01/2014 13:23 GMT??|??Updated: 07/01/2014 13:24 GMT
?
How much would you pay for this?
What about if we told you it's 4.6 billion years old - about as ancient as the Earth and came from space?
That would probably bump the price up a little. But still not quite as high as the owners want for it...
?
The fist-sized meteorite is priced at 80 million Yuan (or about ?8 million) in a meteorite shop in Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Autonomous Region.
Pictured by Rex News, the 434g meteorite was seen falling from the sky on April 12th, 2009.
Villagers arrived at the landing spot and recovered it, which turned out to be a good idea. According to Zhang Baolin, an expert at Beijing Planetarium, it's about the same age as the Earth and is worth millions to the right buyer.
?
source http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/07/meteorite-8-million-pound_n_4554070.html