[meteorite-list] R: friction or ram pressure?

From: Francesco Moser <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 20:22:15 +0100

Thanks for your kind answer!
So we can say:
meteoroids dimensions:
 <~1cm "friction"
>~1cm ram pressure

But I have still a question... how the ablation process works on the bigger
meteoroids?
The ram pressure heats the air, the hot air heats the front surface of the
meteoroid to the fusion/sublimation temperature, right?
But is the collisional process that create oriented shape, ragmaglipts, flow
line ... or what else process??

Thanks

Francesco