[meteorite-list] [IMCA List] New Book / Atlas of Meteorites

From: rickmont at earthlink.net <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:41:49 -0700

Hi List. I am surprised, and also NOt surprised at the current value of
Richard's books. Fortunately I have my working field-book of RFS, and I'm
so fortunate to have a vintage hardbound with both Richard's and Dorothy's
signatures on the shelf (Thank You Dorothy!); yet I didn't have the
foresight to fathom the rarity of my Cambridge Encyclopedia, although the
pages remain pristine, I've read through sooo many times that the binding
~might be failing in certain sections. All and any advice to preservation
is grandly welcome!

[confession, here by me, in front of the entire List: I keep re-reading the
chemical formulations juxtapositioning variations of olivine vs pyroxene,
simply because I need to!]

others....hello Drs. Grady, Dodd, Carl E. et al) will never see their
ongoing fair-market values, and will reside permanently within grasp. Alas,
my right brain is better suited to retain the alternate musical chord
substitution variations and the ongoing query of Giant Steps far better than
petrology and geochemistry, yet these texts are dear to my heart. No doubt,
with most of us as well!

Cheers,
Richard "Rick Bob" Montgomery