[meteorite-list] Shooting Pictures of Meteorites??

From: Jim Wooddell <jim.wooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 06:45:46 -0700

Hi all!

So, I have a cheapy 12mp Nikon CoolPix camera and can take some decent
macro pictures of small objects. I use a homemade poor
man's light box, made from a cardboard box and crumpled aluminum foil
and a light. This combo works well for me with the exception of
some wide angle issues because of the limitations of the camera.
My Son, Dusty, has thousands upon thousands of dollars of Nikon high end
camera gear and can take shots that make my low end stuff look
really bad! Instead of a light box, which he is not use to and does not
like, he uses a tripod and a huge light ring that his camera shoots thru
with radio controlled flash.

So, I am curious and would like to know what you folks are using for
your pictures??? I sure see some fantastic pictures.

Jim

-- Jim Wooddell
  jim.wooddell at suddenlink.net
  http://pages.suddenlink.net/chondrule/