[meteorite-list] Australian Monash University Meteorite Recovery Program is under threat

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:16:51 +1100

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen me post this on Facebook already but for those of
you who haven't, unfortunately the Australian Monash University Meteorite
Recovery program is under threat of being cancelled this year due to lack of
funding. This is the same one that I assisted with in 2012 & 2013 so I have
seen firsthand the contributions this team makes and what they are doing to
further Australian meteoritical science. In fact, over the past several
years, this program has been responsible for discovering around 20% of all
of Australia's meteorite finds.

So this year, with funding having run out, the team is turning to the public
and meteorite community for help. For those of you who would like to
consider helping or would even just like to learn a bit more about the
program, please see the link below. There is plenty of information there
about the program and also how this crowd funding would contribute to
another successful year.

http://www.pozible.com/project/189365

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken