[meteorite-list] Australian Monash University Meteorite Recovery Program is under threat

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 10:50:09 -0500

Hi Jeff,

A worthy program for sure. But, one has to wonder - if Australia's
laws were not so restrictive, private hunters would be recovering and
classifying more Australian meteorites than the scientists would have
time to examine. Take the private hunters out of the equation, and
all that's left are scarcely-funded and undermanned "official"
programs. Science suffers.

Best regards and Happy Huntings,

MikeG

--