[meteorite-list] Social media might destroy meteorite collecting and selling

From: ian macleod <ianmacca81_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 21:30:23 +1030

Hi Shawn and List, I agree there has been a resent spike in fake meteorites being offered on Ebay. I would say that the responsibility also falls onto the potential buyer not to jump on to good to be true deals or ataxites or Nandan's straight from China.

We live in a tech savy world now and most people who surf the bay (which has many great and trustworthy sellers) look for user feed back ratings. If I was to see a seller on the bay with five feedback's and selling irons out of china then my bad if I get ripped off.

This is not to take away from the criminal activity of the seller, rather I do not think there is much we can do. We have educate all people across as many social media platforms as possible. Have as many nets as needed

Social media be a head ache, a little messy and disorganized. But out of this chaos there is an order of the ages - the IMCA

education and the logo can only help

I look at all of the FB groups as imitations of some kind of Meteoritic ecumenical movement

So to keep my American Brethren happy in honor of their resent holiday

E Pluribus Unum - Out of many social media groups one

Cheers from OZ

Ian

IMCA 8013