[meteorite-list] Hillary Clinton sounds the alarm on meteorites

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 14:17:24 -0700

Hello Listers

U go GIRL :)

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html
Website http://meteoritefalls.com

Hillary Clinton sounds the alarm on meteorites

Hillary Clinton on Thursday called attention to a dire security threat:
meteorites.

Speaking before a town hall in New Hampshire, the Democratic
front-runner said experts should be mapping meteorites and asteroids
?on a security basis,? noting the importance of scientific research
and development in stimulating the U.S. economy.

?You know, back in the early ?90s, our country invested in mapping
the human genome, and my husband was president when it finally was
revealed. Money had been put in by both Republican and Democratic
presidents and Congresses because we wanted to know more about what this
meant. And in the years since, hundreds and thousands of jobs have been
created and many millions of dollars have been generated for our
economy,? Clinton said.

?I think we?re just at the beginning of trying to understand what is
a black hole? Why is it there? What is in it? What does it mean for us?
We should, on a security basis, be mapping the meteorites and the
meteors and all the other things that people ? asteroids ? that
people worry about,? she added.