[meteorite-list] high-end collectors high-end meteorites and rareness

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:41:40 -0700

I agree, I love meteorites, and I am obsessed with them. However I have bills to pay and since meteorites are my only source of income for the most part, I must make sales. I outlay tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars sometimes on single purchases. Sadly the bills bust be paid and borrowed money requires repayment. So please don't mistake a discussion about the state of the market, where this discussion started, as some sort of discussion about the goals of meteorite collection, that's a completely different subject.
When I fly around the world undertaking large meteorite chases or hunting expeditions, my credit cards get run to the max sometimes. Those real expensive trips must be paid for. That requires sales. I am merely stating that the $50,000 credit card bills can't be paid with $.99 cent eBay auctions.

Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad