[meteorite-list] high-end collectors high-end meteorites and rareness

From: Stephan Kambach <stephan.kambach_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 10:16:24 +0200

Hello, All

If I combined Michael Farmers and Greg Hupes writing up about high-end
collectors and high-end meteorites,
so I should come to the conclusion that dealers aiming know a days to
collectors with big wallets.
Regardless to the amount of money you can effort for collecting meteorites,
for myself,
the high-end collector is the one, who understand in deeper details what he
is collecting.
Means, before he can real enjoy it, he must crack his head by studying in a
private or profesional way
mineralogy, physics, (bio)chemistry and etc. . Otherwise, confrontated with
the foolishness,
he can only marveling with an open mouth, but the real enjoy comes be
looking at a meteorite
with the specialed (knowlege) view about what you are looking at.
Collectors like David Weir for example buying the small samples, but they
are the high-end collectors.
Some companies or also some single rich peoples (or even the most) often
have rudiment?r interest in meteorites
but supporting the interest of the nature of an dealer ? that's a own class
of high-ends.

Last at least, something about lunar and martian meteorites. Meanwhile the
amount of it rised up
to huge amounts compare to some real rare space samples, for ex. the
ungrouped cc's like NWA 5958 from Greg Hupe.
A sample like this, unique by it's O-isotopes compared to the rest of all
meteorites, provide an absolutely
less amount of material compared for ex. to a NWA 5000, but comes in price
much more efordable.
Martians and Lunaites describe more a less a single parent body
history/evolution but a CM2 like a Murchison,
a Tagish Lake or CI spans with it's information through the rise of the
solarsystem and
in some way also beyond. Some of such CC's you find in between the 393 CC's
of the MetBull 101 to 103.

My regards, Stephan Kambach

PS. my special thanks to David Weir supporting all the real collectores for
his well done work and
also to the scientists, who let us, they one who is opend enough for it, to
understand the value of the meteorites