[meteorite-list] Sad News :-(

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 00:08:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Dana,?I just gave the sad news to Moni. ?We are very saddened, but also very heartened that we got to know this very gentleperson. ?I introduced Moni to Larry a decade ago at Majuba Hill when she joined Larry and me on a hunt at the Placers.?John Wolfe introduced me to Larry back in the very early days of Franconia. The three of us have hunted together at many localities in AZ CA and NV. ?Being a part of that generation, this loss hits close to home and is very personal to me.The Tucson Show will always be missing a very special part now that Larry's smiling face is no longer there.?
With condolences to his family,?Bob and Moni?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 9:31 AM, KD Meteorites via Meteorite-list<meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote: I'm sad to tell everyone that we lost one of the best men I ever met; Larry Sloan. He was a very well respected and loved man, always ready with a smile and some of his natural remedies! He loved everything meteorite and will be missed greatly at the shows.

After I lost my dad in 2006 Larry stepped up and became my second Dad; and he was always there with a smile and some advice.

The shows will be a little sadder without his smiling face but I'm sure he will do his best to send down some Meteorites from heaven just to keep us on our toes! :-)

Please send your thoughts and prayers to his family during this difficult time.

Thank you
Dana

Meteorite Lady Rocks!