[meteorite-list] Another warning re sales to Italy

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:35:55 -0400

Hi Michael,

Sorry you were aggravated by the situation, and understandably since it really is a labor of love you like it is for most dealers. I'm glad the collector squared up despite the misunderstanding, out of the goodness of his heart, as I assumed he would. :-)

I tried to understand what he wrote, but I couldn't be sure. It appears the final deal was a ~$350 Henbury (402 g) http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Henbury402_6gA.jpg
to which Italian customs added $110 dlls plus the ~$40 (of $50 intended). No matter any more except to understand the details ... now it's yesterday's news and life goes on only nominally pausing. My respect to both of you guys for having persistence and patience! The iron depicted in the link is a quite attractive one if it is the one in question, and worth it in the collection liquidation, in my opinion ... I love Henburys. Paul posted a nice one on June 30's MPOD too ...

Kindest wishes
Doug