[meteorite-list] AD: Newest official Kölked H5 S3 W3 Hungary chondrite - for sale also

From: cbo <cbo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 19:22:17 +0200

Dear Collectors!

I would like to introduce the newest official Hungarian meteorite, the
K?lked H5 chondrite.
There is my second identified Hungary meteorite (Cs?talja H4 was the first
in 2012).

Just yesterday was gave it the official status in the MetBull. There is the
9th official Hungary meteorite since 1857.

Description of MetBull:
History: In early March 2016, an anonymous individual found the stone buried
at a depth of approximately 40 cm in wet soil,
in a moorland, between the town of Moh?cs and the village of K?lked. The
stone was sent to Zsolt Kereszty who measured its
specific gravity (3.16 g/cc), noted strong attraction to a magnet, and
observed chondrules in a cut surface and in himself made Thin Sections.

Physical characteristics: A single stone with no fusion crust, reddish-brown
oxidized surface. Saw cut reveals numerous,
densely packed, small chondrules set in an orange-brown matrix.
Petrography: (C. Agee, UNM) This meteorite has many equilibrated chondrules,
a relatively high porosity, and much of the
metal has been oxidized. Barite weathering product was detected.
Geochemistry: (C. Agee and M. Spilde, UNM) Olivine Fa17.0?0.3, Fe/Mn=36?2,
n=31; low-Ca pyroxene Fs15.1?0.2Wo1.4?0.2,
Fe/Mn=21?1, n=13; augite Fs4.6Wo46.2, Fe/Mn=13, n=1.
Classification: Ordinary chondrite (H5, S3, W3)
TKW: 1250 gr

MetBull direct link:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=63238

The Main Mass will be displayed in the Hungary NHM, Budapest or University
of Eotvos Lorand, Budapest. In Hungary, according to the
recent laws of the meteorite is owned by the Government but I have obtained
a very limited material for private collectors (unfortunatelly
the obtained price was high).

For sale pieces of K?lked H5 chondrite:
Any hungarian meteorite is rere - (only these available!, no more!):
http://www.hunmet.com/images/Kolked_H5_for_sale_IMCA6251.jpg

Image of the Main Mass of K?lked chondrite (its highly wet soil weathered,
only 1250 gr the TKW):
http://www.hunmet.com/images/Kolked_H5_Main_Mass_IMCA6251.jpg

A macrophoto of the chondrules:
http://www.hunmet.com/images/Kolked_H5_Macro_IMCA6251.jpg

Thin Section images, for sale TSs also:
http://www.hunmet.com/images/Kolked_H5_Thin_Sections_IMCA6251.jpg

If you interest each of them please dont hesitate contact me.

Best Regards!
Zsolt Kereszty
Hungary
IMCA, MetSoc, Hungarian Academy of Sciences