[meteorite-list] NWA 5000 Goes Ivy League - NEW Display at Yale!

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 20:35:04 -0400

Dear Meteorite Community,

I would like to personally "Thank" everyone for the wonderful public and
private compliments and congratulations for the successful launch of the NWA
5000 display in the Peabody Museum at Yale University.

Without the vision, support and encouragement from two very key participants
this public display would never have been realized. I would like to draw
attention to Dr. Tony Irving for the 'Vision, Encouragement and Friendship',
who made this all happen. His unwavering friendship, devotion to meteoritics
and continued help will always be cherished by me. He introduced me to Dr.
Stefan Nicolescu of Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History who has fast
become a dear friend as well. Stefan's open-minded and artistic demeanor
combined the Babylonian clay tablet, 'Velocity of the Moon', and lunar
meteorite NWA 5000 into a single display after a couple of our visits
throughout the Yale campus. This enabled the display to combine the 'Human
Element' with a material object from our Earth's Moon!

The collaboration between Tony and Stefan was crucial in ensuring that 'The
Display' has become a reality for all the world to share!

Once again, I would like to 'Thank' both Tony and Stefan!!

Best Regards,
Greg

====================
Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
gmhupe at centurylink.net
www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault
http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault
IMCA 3163