[meteorite-list] Prehistoric Gibeon artifacts

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:02:46 +0000 (UTC)

Paolo,

Steve Arnold (of Meteoritemen) probably has photos of a Gibeon anvil that he purchased a few years ago. I believe it was nicknamed "The Crocodile."
All the best,
Frank

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:07 AM, PAOLO CONTE via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

Hello Listers,

I often read, about Gibeon, this meteorites was used by native tribes to make weapons, tools and jewelry, over the last 50,000 years.

However, I have not been able to find any photos of these prehistoric Gibeon artifacts in Internet, or even any research papers mentioning these tools.

It's very strange, but you can directly verify this fact on Google: no images, no scientific paper.

So, my question: do these artifacts really exist? Where are they? Are there pictures of them? Does anyone know anything about it?

I wrote several times to the museums of Windhoek, Namibia, but they never answered: really funny!

I hope to receive some useful information from you.

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Best regards from Rome.

Paolo Conte (IMCA #6037),

Visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/meteoritecentral and the Archives at http://www.meteorite-list-archives.com