[meteorite-list] I Processed my NWA 8529 H-6 into my Sphere Rough - Pics & Qestions

From: bobadebt at ec.rr.com <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:13:42 -0500

I received my 2.4 kilo NWA 8529 H-6 Chondrite yesterday and processed it
into my sphere rough today.

The good, it was quite fragmented but I was able to find the most solid area
to cut my rough from.

The bad, the cube does have some cracks and I hope Dmitry can stabilize it
before he makes it into a sphere PLUS it?s BROWN and I?m kind of sick of
brown spheres.

I have a couple questions.

Is it acceptable to fix separated slices?

If so what do you use?

Are collectors, in general, interested in large slices like this even though
they are have a separated section?

Should I just cut or continue to separate the separated slices in to smaller
pieces?

The 2.4 Kilo Whole Specimen

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/NWA%208529/NWA%208529%20Whole%20Specimen%20001_zpssotglmpx.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/NWA%208529/NWA%208529%20Whole%20Specimen%20002_zpsvoc3pzxb.jpg

Here it is on the saw, which was just big enough to process this whole
specimen

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/NWA%208529/NWA%208529%20on%20the%20Saw_zpsihgp6nms.jpg

My 57mm (oversized) Sphere Rough

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/NWA%208529/NWA%208529%20Sphere%20Rough%20001_zpsrnt0vukh.jpg

The remaining cuts, the top left end cut is the only piece that stayed
together which is ironic because I thought it would fall to pieces due to
all of the fragments

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/NWA%208529/NWA%208529%20Slice%20Lot%20001_zpsfgrn6bst.jpg