[meteorite-list] I Processed my NWA 8529 H-6 into my Sphere Rough - Pics & Qestions

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 07:19:38 -1000

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 7:13 AM, bobadebt--- via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
>
> Is it acceptable to fix separated slices?
>
> If so what do you use?
>
> Are collectors, in general, interested in large slices like this even though they are have a separated section?
>
> Should I just cut or continue to separate the separated slices in to smaller pieces?

Some may fix broken slices, but to me it would be tantamount to misrepresentation unless properly disclosed. Far better to take the loss and sell the broken slices as part slices. As a matter of fact if I see slices with fractures in them, I prefer to take the loss and break the slices at the fracture(s) than to have the slice arrive to a client broken.

This is the main reason why I almost never buy meteorites with visible cracks through the rind of the stone into the matrix.

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites Inc.
PO Box 4175, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 640-9161