[meteorite-list] Location of Mauerkirchen Meteorite Samples

From: Herbert Raab <hraab2006_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:25:42 +0200 (CEST)

Elton writes:
> "Check the British Muse. Catalog of Meteorites.?
> They had a good handle on the holdings of world currations."

I have checked the "Catalogue of Meteorites", as well as a number of databases, collection catalogs and inventory list. However, specimens are broken up or cut, distributed and traded, and sometimes lost, so updating the published information is sometime necessary. And there is quite a number of (mostly private) collections that hold specimens that have never been published anywhere until now.

Many thanks to everyone who has already sent me some information, and, of course, I gladly welcome additional information.

Sincerely,
 Herbert