[meteorite-list] Meteorite or meteowrong

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:38:42 -0500

Hi Michael and List,

Those iron-ish specimens remind me of caliche-covered Diablos or
Odessas. Some of those look legit, but would likely require testing to
confirm (especially if the paperwork or notes from the original owner
is no longer extant). Apparently somebody else thinks they might be
meteorites, because the lots are attracting multiple bids.

The seller has a lot of interesting "junk store" type of items up for
sale (including an entire thrift store in Sarasota Florida). Maybe a
list member close to that area could go take a look in person.

Best regards,

MikeG