[meteorite-list] Skull Carved Out of an Iron Meteorite

From: Dan Michael <sharpieflight_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:02:47 +0000 (UTC)

 Hi all,Meteorites have been of great interest to me and they tell a fascinating story of our solar systems history as you all know.
As this debate has continued for so long, ?it is a concern to me that some attitudes border on hoarding While others seem to border on worship.
This is reminiscent of the extremes that have developed in the field of vertebrate paleontology, especially regarding dinosaur fossils. Universities and museums have become so extreme that they Advanced laws which were passed, which now make it illegal for a private citizen to collect even a fragment of a dinosaur bone on all public lands.There are countless individual bones on public lands which have no scientific value and will never be researched. Yet there are those in Authority who would rather have these turn to dust then end up in a private collection.
There are thousands of Gibeon slices across this country which will never be researched, but they have incalculable value to individuals who appreciate the natural world and allows them to look back with imagination and awe to a reality long past.
Let's continue to move forward together in our common interest which hopefully will continue to be available to all.
Have an impactful day,?DAN?