[meteorite-list] Meteorite impact on moon during eclipse

From: Alfredo Petrov <alfredo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 03:21:27 +0100

Remember that from any given spot on Earth, we can see tens or hundreds of
meteors every night and, if we had no atmosphere, almost all of those would
impact and create a flash, instead of burning up in the atmosphere.
Assuming that the same number of loose stones per unit volume of space pass
by the Moon as the Earth, there should be several such flashes per night
visible on the dark side of the moon. It might be really interesting to
watch when a lunar eclipse happens to occur during one of the large meteor
showers.
Cheers,
Alfredo