[meteorite-list] Red books for sale (Photographic catalogs of the antarctic meteorites) 81 and 87 edition

From: Raymond Borges <borgesraymond_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:47:09 -0500

Hello fellow collectors,

I've got two of the sought-after "red books" for sale:
Total: $1500 or best offer (OBO) in good condition
Together they contain an astounding 685 photographs of 461 different
Antarctic meteorites in multiple forms:
Book 1. Photographic catalog of the antarctic meteorites: With special
reference to those represented in the collections of the National Institute
of Polar Research, Keizo Yanai, (1987) (298 pages)
Features: Catalogue of 507 photographs of 327 individual specimens of Antarctic
meteorites
Book 2. Photographic catalog of the selected Antarctic meteorites: in the
collection of National Institute of Polar Research, Tokyo, Japan, viii +
(104 pages), 1981.
Features: 178 photographs of 134 meteorites selected from the NIPR
Collection. The majority of the photographs are of whole or broken stones
in the condition they were found on the ice. Some photographs show cut or
broken faces made during the sampling of the meteorites for investigation.
A brief description of the specimen is included with each photograph.
*Note these books can and do sell upward of $6k and there is just one
(1981) listed on eBay right now for $1k
(1987 Bumped corners, the text is clean)
(1981 Bumped corners, creased boards, else clean)

I will be posting pics soon on my site under the Books section.

Raymond Borges
www.Spacerocks.club