[meteorite-list] Meteoritical Bulletin Main Mass photos

From: Marcin Cimala - POLANDMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:24:55 +0200

Hello list
I see there is only discusion about Pictures of the day :) Is this list dead
?
Come to the Facebook peoples, it dont bite. Meteorite group, Polandmet
Meteorites group and many other very valuable groups with alot info about
meteorites and thousand of users.

I have started in Meteorites group discusion that every new classification
should include few photos of specimen. Not in Encyclopedia of Meteorites but
reference photos submited with classification and provided by specimen/main
mass holder.

When Im sending type specimen to the lab I also need to send them few photos
of entire mass wirth scale cube and also photo of cut surface, slice. This
will give every meteorite his "face", idea what is NWA 12123214 and if slice
I just bough look like reference photo.

Every time there is Met Bull update there are many rare specimens but they
stay only as number. Sometimes we can find them on ebay or search name in
Google we can find specimens in someone website. But this really should look
like that ? We have 2020, every morocan in the desert have now smartphone
with high quality camera. I get their photos every hour. Photos of
incredible specimen. But they can be seen only by few of us. Why not for
everyone and forever? Most dealers who submit big ammount of specimens in
Met Bull sell online so it is not a problem to require some representative
photos of specimen or the biggest mass. You dont have good camera ? Whats
the problem? You can find 10 friends with Canon, Nikon or new Iphone to
prepare requested pictures the same as You collect all requested
informations about Your specimen like date of find, TKW, place of find etc.

I realy dont see a problem. This need only some discusion and some good will

-----[ MARCIN CIMALA ]----[ +48 793567667 ]-----
http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com