Re: Micrometeorites

Hi Glenn,

>>I agree with Joel that any tests need to be quantified by independent
sources. , but if you pull out ferrous material from roof rain runoff , and
assuming that it is not from the roof itself, how can it be anything other
than meteroritic? What other terrestial cause could there be? <<

If you live near a foundry, particles of materials from such foundries can be
found on your roof. I know this for two reasons, first my folks lived one block
a ways from a foundry as I was growing up (trying to collect micro meteorites
from eves) and my family is in the foundry business. Needless to say many
ferrous particles can make their way onto the roofs of houses even blocks away.
I don't know of too many cities that don't have some sort of metal fabrication
or foundry in them.

--AL