Nuveo Mercurio B??

Hi all. A quick question on the subject of meteorites.
I have what I was told is a Nuevo Mercurio meteorite,
100% crusted, black. I just recently saw several
other Nuevos with the same proportion of crust that
look significantly different. The other Nuevos have
the characteristic "cooling cracks" and thick, tar-like
crust, that is dull in appearance. The one I have
is rather thin, and is COMPLETELY smooth, no cracks
or lines on its surface. Now does anyone know if
you can actually tell if the meteorite is from a diff-
erent fall/find based on its crust, at least to warrant
further examination? I hate to cut this little gem up.
But it just doesn't "look right"...comments??
Thanks,
--
Matt Morgan
Colorado Geologica Survey