Australian Report

Michael,

I have given some thought to the issues you raised. We had already layed up
the Australian story in our August issue, when I saw it on the
mailing-list. So my only thoughts were that people would not want to see
the same story again and we took it out. It was to avoid a repetition of
this scenario that I suggested to Ron that we should coordinate things
somewhat. There is a flood of electronic information now available, and the
occasional story that we would pick up from select sources now seems to be
making the rounds.

I had no idea there were only 100 people on the list and thought it was
open ended in length. In view of this, maybe we should run the Australian
piece afterall. I am still trying to work out the symbiosis between
electronic and print media, and perhaps my judgment was wrong in this
matter. I apologize if my actions have been construed as inappropriate in
any way.

Joel Schiff