Tektite origin theories

Dear Martin,
	You close with:
----
> If you have specific information of other works outside O'keefe's
> publications supporting the lunar origin of tektites, I would very much
> like to hear about them.
----
Povenmire's "Tektites: A Cosmic Paradox"
	-All of Povenmires published works
Futrell - all his published (and unpublished) works
Nininger (though he advocated lunar impact, as I recall)
	No doubt others, but my own research is weak, so I cannot cite them
"off the cuff." However, taking it to a debate as to the defendability
of any origin theory was NOT what I was addressing.
If you and Matt and/or others wish to toss around ideas about same, I
certainly think that is your right to do so (and this is certainly an
appropriate forum for same), however, that is not what I was addressing.
I DO think it is a sad state of affairs when one side of a scientific
debate can only be heard when (if?) they idependently have to publish
books to express their interpretations while the "other side" of the
debate monopolizes the forum provided by "scientific" journals. When
such occurences take place, what you really have is not science - it is
dogma.
	So, I was not attempting to "defend" one theory or another - only to
express concern for instances where people seem to be embracing dogma,
rather than what I consider to be science - which I see as HAVING to be
dogma free, lest it be self effacing.
	Best wishes, Michael