Re: Contamination and hubris

C'mon.  Why the personal attack?

I was critical of a point of view...and I just can't comprehend anyone
stating unequivically what the toxins to Martian life would be when there
is not yet even evidence of such extant life!

>>Why, simple logic! Did you know that oxygen, ozone, and water
>>would all be poisonous to Martian life? First, oxygen is a deadly
>>poison, and it is doubtful Martian microrganisms have encountered
>>it.

Speaking of logic, how does one determine that oxygen is poisonous to
Martian life when one also doubts that Martian life never encountered it?

You know, there appears to be an inverse relationship between the success
of a given civilization and its hubris.

While the previous statement may be inaccurate, it is indisputable that
there are innumerable direct or indirect mechanisms by which a rogue, newly
introduced, microbe could potentially create havoc within our ecosystem.
Failing to take extreme precautionary measures is reckless.

Darryl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: