RE: ENOUGH ADVERTISING!

Hi list,

Gaetan Cormier here from Montreal.

I just want to say that I totaly agree with Steve, Sarah & Mike that a
little advertising does'nt hurt. After all their's a good deal of
collector's on this list and I think the best way to know the availability
of material is when a dealer like myself post's a message on the list.

In any case, if some of you finds some message annoying, it takes only two
seconds to put a message in the trash.

Have a nice day!!!!

Gaetan Cormier
http://www.microid.com/meteorites.htm

>This issue requires that everyone apply some common sense.  When meteorite
dealers have brand new material from new falls/finds, it is useful to know
about it (even for us serious scientists who study thin sections with a xpl
microscope and/or electron microprobe).  We need specimens and buying them
is often cheaper than travelling to the Sahara desert to collect them, for
example).   Also some dealers have extensive web sites, so it is often
useful to know when they have been totally updated or revamped.  While the
list should be for the discussion of meteorites and meteoritic and
planetary science (and not for crass advertising), it is a useful to
receive "newsworthy" updates albeit of a commercial nature.   I, for one,
believe the dealers on this list contribute to the overall "scientific"
discussion and have not abused the list for crass commercial purposes
(except, of course, for the mouse-pad spammer).

>Regards to all,
>Steve

La Maison de l'Astronomie P.L. Inc.
7974 St-Hubert
Montréal, Québec, Canada
H2R 2P3
Tél.: (514) 279-0063	Fax: (514) 279-9628
e-mail: rlotte@interlink.net