Re: Important aspects of advertising...

I have a few comments on posting advertisments to the list.  I have been a list member
since day one, and most of you know that I am a meteorite dealer and geologist as
well.  When things started out I blatantly tried to keep myself from advertising on
this list, as what I saw, was a list of scientific nature.  Furthermore, due to the
LARGE number of dealers on this list, if we all advertised it would be cluttered with,
I'll say it, "junk-mail".  I refrained until recently, when out of frustration, I
posted an ad, just saying "here is what I have...". That was the last time I will post
an ad on this list. There are PLENTY other places on the net for  dealers to post
their ads, Meteorite Exchange and Meteorite Central are the two best places as far as
I can see. So I all you have to do is check ONE or TWO sites, that is not too hard to
do. Perhaps if this advertising continues, a separtate list should be set up just for
that purpose, not for one dealer but everyone.  If you want to receive their ad, you
will, if not then great. So all I am saying is that I would like a list devoted to
science and research, we have web-pages for the other stuff.
Thanks,
--
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites