Carbonates and CI Chondrites

Hello Frank,
     With all due respect, sir,  I don't think anyone is saying that the CI Chondrites were laid down in a water environment; simply that they obviously contained water at some point and we know this includes Mars as a possible point of origin.   The brecciations - the sharpness  of the angles of these - could be caused by impact on the Martian surface by other bodies,  not only  1. jarring and heating the water within the CI chondrites and rapidly releasing it( the water) as the sharpness (angles) left would indicate, but also 2.  breaking it  (the Chondrite) away from the parent body.  It's late here on the East coast, so I apologize for the curtness of this and will hopefully have clearer thoughts tomorrow.  Regards, jj