Re: Frankenstein's Meteorite Monster...

Interesting theory Gene, I wonder where you get the idea that meteorites decrease in
value with age? With decay, certainly, But I know of few that decay, Brenham, and a
few others. I have some 100+  year old meteorites that look as though they fell
yesterday. Decay is easily prevented with smart care. As far as investments, I would
not buy meteorites for speculation, but I sure do enjoy spending my money a little
more when I look back and see how they have appreciated, not depreciated.  Perhaps
we will have pieces for sale in 30 or 50 years from the moon or mars, but who the
hell wants to die waiting for the possible future?  I want to hold them NOW and that
leaves one option at this time, FIND or BUY meteorites.  I would like you to tell us
which meteorite have lost value? I can think of few examples, only of starting high
prices which later stabilized. People, do not buy meteorites as investments, follow
Gene's advice and get into stocks etc. Buy meteorites to hold a piece of other
worlds, buy them to enjoy and wonder about, to spur your children to ponder the
vastness of space and wonder of our universe. And for goodness sake, TAKE CARE of
them. The collection I purchased was stuck in a shoebox, and was not in the best
condition. Luckily, the majority of pieces were just fine but a Brenham piece is now
just garbage due to lack of proper care.