Re: "Lights" seen over UK

In a message dated 11/07/98 08:34:18 BST, you write:

<< Sounds like a classic meteor trail to me...

 ... anyone on the List see anything? Rob? No chance from here, the sky was
 completely clouded out all night.  >>

Hi Stuart & list,

The skies were fairly clear here after some earlier rain, but I didn't start
any sky watching until about 1.30am, so it seems I've missed the action again.
I missed last month's UK fireball by 30 mins and last night's by about an
hour.
It doesn't really stay dark here for longer than an hour or two at this time
of year, so I thought I was being smart by waiting for pitch
blackness....wrong move!

Regards,
Rob.