[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Eucrite / Monahans / Forgiveness
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: New Eucrite / Monahans / Forgiveness
- From: Geoffcin@aol.com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:01:00 EDT
- Old-X-Envelope-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:02:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"t9doP.A.QO.O4qq1"@mu.pair.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a message dated 98-07-13 16:35:19 EDT, you write:
The entire mass of the new eucrite that Matt has been selling was available
at Phillips this past January for $55,000, or $38/gram. It failed to meet
the reserve and did not sell.
Less than two months ago, a 20.6 gram partial slice of this same meteorite,
with fusion crust, was offered at Phillips and also failed to hit the
reserve of $40/gram.
Yet now $100/gram is eagerly being paid.
My point is that before anyone complains about the pricing of meteorites,
do a little research instead and your efforts may be rewarded.
(I possess much of the balance of the eucrite, but per an arrangement with
Matt, I will not be making any more material available until he sells-out
Prices are more stable than what they might otherwise appear to be despite
the ridiculous figures being tossed around...which reminds me of a
vaudevillian joke: >>
List Archives are located at http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
For other help, FAQ's and subscription info and other resources,