Re: A Tektite Meteorite?!!?

WBranchsb@aol.com wrote:

> >  " GENUINE FRAGMENT OF A TEKTITE METEORITE".

> Quantities Limited.  Retails for $150 at the Houston Space Museum.
>
> Never been there but if it is part of a gov't agency then probably a
> reasonable price (sorry Ron ;-).

Actually, near as I can tell, there's no such place!  At least not one
that I've heard of, and nothing of that name is listed in the current
Directory of the American Association of Museums.  Perhaps they mean
Space Center Houston, a large space museum adjacent to Johnson Space
Center.  It's something like a NASA visitor center, only huge, and
operated not by NASA but by a private non-profit organization.  Nice
place!

Dave Hostetter