Re: Exotic meteorites? (was: Origins)

This is not quite true. The sun has a very wide range of elements.
What is so interesting is that many primitive (CI-type)
meteorites have nearly identical element ratios as the sun
(excluding gases, of course).

Most chondrules are also chemically identical to the
sun in elemental distribution. This is because
chondrules were some of the oldest matter that formed
with the solar system. So, not only do you have some
of the oldest matter available in the solar system, you also have
a 'piece of the sun' in every petrological type 3 meteorite.

Yet another reason why Allende (CV3) is so fascinating.

How these elements came to be is also fascinating - nucleosynthesis
in other, older stars. Stars give birth to an evolved offspring
and the universe becomes enriched with more complex elements.
It's almost mystic in it's implications.

--
Jim Hurley