Re: monahans

I propose that the collector community place an "unofficial" ban on
purchasing this meteorite post auction. Let the winning bidder enjoy it for
him (or her) self. If we can agree to do that, we might not be faced with
this self-serving process the next time around.

Mark

At 09:05 PM 7/17/98 -0700, Michael Farmer wrote:
>Here is the official open bid for Monahans.
>http://www.jonesville.com/meteor/archive/archive5/June98/msg00248.html
>I think this bid is quite clear. Now the bidder is also the auctioneer.
>Are we to believe that Michael has dropped his bidder status and will
>now refrain from bidding? that would clear some things up if so. I would
>appreciate someone to clear it up.
>I know that people have emailed saying slimply not to bid. This solves
>nothing if the auction is already decided. This could be cleared up
>quickly but the other side remains ever silent.
>Mike Farmer

Mark J. Lerner
MORGEN, EVAN & COMPANY, INC.
63 Wall Street