Re: Monahans auction questions

Geoff -

Based upon your comment below - I suppose you must believe that the most
prudent thing to do is to put it up for auction by someone with a conflict
of interest. Unfortunately though, if you believe that the kids should get
the highest price possible, typically a situation with a conflict of
interest would not yield those resaults.

Mark

At 10:44 PM 7/17/98 EDT, Geoffcin@aol.com wrote:

>Mark,
>
>  I disagree totally with your statment ;
> >>It has always been clear that Steve Arnold has botched this auction<<
>    It seems to me the only hype that the Monahans meteorite has gotton in
the
>last month has been bad hype.   Under such cercumstances it would be prudent
>not to put it up for sale.      Steve Arnold was under an obligation to his
>clients,  the kids,  to get the meteorite sold for the highest sum.   In an
>atmosphere of some people leading a quest to boycott the sale I think he made
>the right choice to postpone it.
>
>Regards,
>Geoff Cintron

Mark J. Lerner