Re: Thoughts on Bio Contamination

Ok,

if it is so unlikely that martian life forms could live on earth, why is it
forbidden to import animals or plants to the U.S.? every time I go there, I am
asked whether I carry living material. And this is correct. Many life forms do
now live ( on our earth ) in parts they were not made for and they LOVE IT!
think of rabbits in Australia. And there are many forms of American plants
living here better than in other continents. What did viruses made to the
European people in the mid age? How many Indians died because of imported
viruses?
We just do not know enough to be sure, so we have to protect us.
And, of course any Martian life form, if it should exist,  isnīt made to live
on earth, but as Voltaire mentioned:(ironically) Our nose seems to be made so
that we can fit glasses on them.

Joachim