RE: The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American Way

Listees,  esp. Ron and Steve,
I have been sitting on my hands resisting to jump into this one.

I agree with Ron - the property owner is the owner of the rock. Period.
Look for consolation in that they acted as repsonsible citizens (not like
ones at 1600 Pa Ave).

We both share the question he as asked in all his posts, and are eager for
the answer:
What are the results of the survey? Your avoidance in this regard and
talking about a fight implies that the survey was against you. Is this
true?

There may be no fight. The survey will seal it. One way or the other.

So Steve, what is the answer!

Wal

Also, we have heard alot of discussion as to monetary value. What about
academic value? There has not been much discussion outside of trying to
locate other specimens with salts. What are the implications suggested by
the chemistry of this meteorite?
If there was academic interest, as I was telling Steve, and we obtained the
stone, very little in any material would find it's way to the collector's
market.

monahans pic, for those yet to see, and yes, it's peculiar interior was
noted early in the game, as well as the possiblity of city ownership of
that stone, too.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/meteorite