Re: The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American Way

>> I can answer this.  I just talked to someone who was at the site
>> shortly after the meteorite had fallen.  This person had taken photos, and
>> said the photos clearly show the meteorite is on city property (we're talking
>> about the meteorite the 7 boys discovered).  So, both pieces of
>> the Mohanans meteorite landed on city property.

>Boy Ron, you believe everything you are told, don't you?

Hi Steve,

In this particular case, I do since we are not just talking about hearsay.
Photographs are very tangible pieces of evidence.

>And as far as me filing a law suit, my rights have not been violated.  It will
>be the boys and their folks' call and I expect that if there is a threat of a
>law suit, there is a good chance that it might be attempted to be settled out
>of court, after all, the city councilors are all elected to their posts!  But
>if they want to take it to court, I am behind them 100%  After all, what would
>they have to loose by going to court?

Well, if it is taken to court, then there is the thousands of dollars in
laywer fees and court costs to the parents of the boys.  If they win,
then no doubt these costs will exceed the worth of the meteorite.  If they
lose, then they lose all the money anyway.  Either way, this is rather sad
as the money could be put into a college fund for the boys.

Ron Baalke