Re: The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American Way

BAALKE@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov writes:

<<
 In this particular case, I do since we are not just talking about hearsay.
 Photographs are very tangible pieces of evidence.

 >And as far as me filing a law suit, my rights have not been violated.  It
will
 >be the boys and their folks' call and I expect that if there is a threat of
 >law suit, there is a good chance that it might be attempted to be settled
out
 >of court, after all, the city councilors are all elected to their posts!
But
 >if they want to take it to court, I am behind them 100%  After all, what
would
 >they have to loose by going to court?

 Well, if it is taken to court, then there is the thousands of dollars in
 laywer fees and court costs to the parents of the boys.  If they win,
 then no doubt these costs will exceed the worth of the meteorite.  If they
 lose, then they lose all the money anyway.  Either way, this is rather sad
 as the money could be put into a college fund for the boys.

 Ron Baalke

Hello Ron and List,

Have you personally seen both the pictures and the county plat map?  Were you
there when the boys picked up the rock and ran it over to another house?  Were
you there when the radio DJ arrived and took the rock and walked back to the
area near where it fell and put it back on the ground?  Were you there when
the police officer later came by and took it from the boys?  Or was all that
on the photograph that you saw?

Have you ever heard of the word "contingency" Ron?  It really is a neat
concept!  You loose, and you pay your attorney nothing; or, you win and the
attorney takes a portion of the sale of the meteorite PLUS a portion of
whatever damages are awarded if they decide to press the civil rights
violations in court!

Yes, if they go to court, the kids will loose some money, but if they don't go
to court, they don't get anything!  So I ask again, what do the kids have to
loose if they choose to file a law suit?

And look at you now:

 "this is rather sad as the money could be put into a college fund for the
boys."

Jeeze, you are beginning to smell like a politician now, trying to get on both
sides of the issue, especially where feelings are concerned!  Oh, I did forget
that you too are an official with the Federal Government.

By the way, if it is too hard for you to get me the WHOLE list of meteorite
falls of < 2,500g total recovered weight that sell for < $1/g, I would be
happy if you could start with just one example!

Steve